Ten Spring Activities to do in Columbus, Ohio
The clocks sprung forward on March 11, 2012 and the days will now get brighter earlier and the sun will not set until later. This means that spring is officially right around the corner and people in Columbus have already gotten a glimpse of the warm weather! People who live in the capital city of the Buckeye state are already dreaming about all of the outdoor activities that lie ahead of them.
The Schottenstein Real Estate Group ensures that residents will have everything they need while living inside one of their gated Columbus, Ohio communities. If the desire to leave their friendly SRE Group confine does happen to come up, there are plenty of great outdoor activities in Columbus to check out.
10. Catch a Columbus Clippers Game! With one of the best minor league stadiums in the country, catching a game at Huntington Park in the Downtown Arena District is an absolute must! Additionally, the Clippers have won the Governors Cup the past two years so you are certain to see some quality baseball. Stay tuned to the Schottenstein Real Estate Group’s Facebook page, as they will be giving away tickets throughout the season, which officially begins on April 5th.
9. Grab Lunch at the North Market. The North Market is home to dozens of unique, independent merchants and farmers who deliver personal and personable service every day of the week. With over 35 different options for food, you will be extremely pleased with a healthy meal that you can take outside while enjoying the nice weather as well.
8. Exercise while Enjoying the Beautiful Outdoors! Walk, bike, roller blade or have a picnic at one of the sixteen outstanding natural area parks in the greater Columbus area. You will feel great after your hike and it will be a cheap date! Visit http://www.metroparks.net/ to view all of the parks in the city!
7. Picnic With The Pops. Starting in April, Picnic with the Pops will be releasing their 2012 schedule. A community favorite for 25 years, these casual outdoor evening performances on the lawn of Chemical Abstracts Service are a great opportunity to gather with friends, family, co-workers, or clients – bring your own picnic and take in the great weather with some classic music!
6. Enjoy a Drink or Meal Outside! Take advantage of the longer days and step out onto the patio of your favorite bar or restaurant and socialize with friends while taking in the warm weather! There will be plenty of beautiful days to relax while taking in a cold one or enjoying a good meal, so gather up your friends and request an outdoor table. Check out this article from 614 Magazine about the best outdoor patios around town.
5. Pick up a New Sport. Whether it’s golf, tennis, basketball, biking or rollerblading, there are dozens of great outdoor sports that will provide you with a great workout while not breaking the bank! You don’t have to be a pro to pick up one of these sports, and it’s a great opportunity to socialize with friends while taking in the great outdoors.
4. Check out the Short North Walking Food Tour! Take a leisurely stroll through the Short North. Not just an arts district and home to the monthly Gallery Hop, the Short North also boasts a wealth of dining and shopping opportunities. The Short North is packed full of boutiques, fine dining and nightlife and this tour is designed to show off some of the best that the area has to offer. This tour starts at 11am every Saturday and tickets must be purchased in advance, but if you’re looking to do something on your own, you can also plan your own food tour of the area!
3. Visit an Outdoor Festival! There are a ton of great festivals in Columbus throughout the Spring and Summer. Take advantage of the culture that Columbus has to offer and enjoy being outside on a nice day by visiting one of the city’s fun festivals.
2. See a Movie Outside! Grab some friends and pack a picnic for one of the best things to do during the summer. Find a location close by that shows outdoor movies and enjoy the cool evenings and hang out on a blanket while watching a movie on the big screen outside!
1. Check Out a Farmer’s Market. With the Spring time and nice weather comes the start of Farmer’s Market season. The Farmer’s markets in Central Ohio usually start opening in mid-may and run through the fall. Find a market near you and pick up some fresh food for the week. Maybe you’ll even find a new favorite fruit or veggie that you’ve never tried before!