5 Good Reasons to Live in Columbus
Not only is Columbus the state capital, it is also the 15th largest city in the United States. From downtown to the suburbs, Columbus is never asleep and has tons of stuff to do. Over 822,000 people live in this great city, and we’ll tell you why!
1. The Food – Literally anything you ever wanted to eat you can find here in Columbus. There’s Pizza by the slice at Late Night Slice, Thurmanator from Thurman’s Café, chilli dogs from Dirty Franks, the list goes on and on. Columbus even has the ever-popular North Market, which is basically a shopping mall for food. Thousands of food options are available with some of the best restaurants in Ohio.
2. The Columbus Zoo – There is a reason The Columbus Zoo is in the “Top 10 Best Zoos in America” lists everywhere. The Zoo is always adding more animals and exhibits inside the gates as well as family fun events. The new Heart of Africa exhibit just recently opened with some spectacular habitats of giraffes, lions and more. You can also feed the giraffes! If “Top 10 Best Zoos in America” wasn’t enough, we also have our very own Jungle Jack.
3. Central Ohio is a family friendly city – Helping boost the intelligence of Columbus, it is home to Cosi Science Center, where kids can play with science, solve mysteries, pedal across a tight rope, construct gadgets, or watch the pendulum. Water parks, free movies, and the Columbus Zoo all are combined to energize and motivate the family to get out of the house and spend some quality time together.
4. Columbus is smart – Columbus was named one of the seven smartest cities in the world by The Intelligent Communities Forum. With a combination of our incredible colleges, cultural events and library systems all wrapped into one is what brings the truth out in being one of the seven smartest cities in the world. Columbus also has a booming job market.
5. We are a very friendly and welcoming city – Columbus is very diverse, yet people tend to get along quite well here. There are many things that bring people together with similar interests whether it be the Ohio State Buckeyes, The Blue Jackets, music, arts, and much more. The social scene in Columbus is amazing and being in the midwest, you will find some of the nicest people around.
Contact us if you have any rental questions, looking to move into a Columbus Rental Community, or if questions about our amenities and great 24-hour service! Learn about our Ohio rental communities around the Columbus and Ohio areas.