Top Columbus Ohio Activities
Columbus, Ohio may not be the biggest tourist destination in the country. If you ask local residents, CBUS is considered a hidden gem and offers plenty of great attractions. The Schottenstein Real Estate Group has communities located throughout the city, where residents can “Live Their Dream” in beautiful homes with great amenities AND great attractions located right nearby.
The Schottenstein Real Estate Group has put together a list of the Top Ten attractions in Columbus, Ohio to keep you busy not only during the upcoming summer months, but all year round!
- Ohio State Football – Columbus, Ohio is the Buckeye State. We live and breathe Ohio State Football. Need we say more?
- Columbus Zoo – While the best time to see the Columbus Zoo’s wide selection of animals is in the warmer months, the zoo is open for exploration year round, with its special seasonal lights display during the holiday season. With the summer approaching, pack a picnic and head over to the Columbus Zoo to see your favorite animals and visit some of their great events and exhibits.
- Zoombeezi Bay – Also owned by the Columbus Zoo (and located right next door), Zoombeezi Bay is a water park that is great for all ages on a hot summer day. Come for some fun in the sun and to keep cool when the weather’s hot and stay into the evening for a “Dive in Movie” shown at 8pm on selected Fridays over the summer. As an added bonus, your admission to Zoombeezi Bay will also get you access to the zoo for the day!
- Arnold Classic – The Arnold Classic is an annual bodybuilding competition that takes place in Columbus in late February or early March. Even if you’re not a bodybuilder yourself, this is something that is always fun to watch.
- Blue Jackets – Head on over to Nationwide Arena to see Columbus, Ohio’s professional hockey team play. Now in their 12th season, a Blue Jackets Game is a great idea for a night out with friends or family to support the city and maybe even see a good fight or two.
- Crew – Show your support and come out with friends or family to enjoy a fun outdoor event that’s great for all ages! This affordable event is a great way to spend a summer evening while rocking the black and gold!
- Cosi – The Cosi Center of Science and Industry is a fun and interactive science museum in Columbus featuring more than 300 exhibits. The museum features exhibit areas that provides experiences for all age levels to combine science facts and learning through play. Cosi is fun and hands-on, providing visitors with a unique museum experience that you can’t get anywhere else.
- Franklin Park Conservatory – The Franklin Park Conservatory is a premier horticultural and educational institution showcasing exotic plant collections and special exhibitions. The Conservatory houses 400 species of plants and is surrounded by botanical gardens and floral displays. Franklin Park Conservatory is a unique and popular destination for visitors of all ages, and now is the perfect time to see everything in bloom!
- Short North – From Boutiques to art galleries to restaurants, the Short North Arts District offers a wide variety of entertainment for visitors no matter what time of year you go. There are always special events and exhibits, and whether you frequent the Short North regularly or are going for your first visit, chances are you’ll always find something new and exciting on this extremely unique strip of High Street.
- Easton/Polaris Malls – Shopping is one area that Columbus, Ohio is certainly not lacking in. Regardless of what store and what kind of shopping experience you are looking for, you will find it at Easton or Polaris… And, chances are you might burn a hole in your pocket while you’re at it!