Hosting a Successful Super Bowl Party From Your Own Home!
It’s hard to believe that football season is already coming to an end. This season has been filled with many surprises, unexpected comebacks, some amazing new players, and of course, even a few heartbreaks along the way. But now, it’s time for the Super Bowl. Nine out of ten people watch the Super Bowl at home, and while the final two teams are still up in the air, we’re guessing you know whether you’ll be the host of a Super Bowl party this year at your home or apartment. If so, it’s time to start planning, and we have a few tips:
- Did you know that veggies are the top food eaten in homes during the Super Bowl (I know, we couldn’t believe it either)? It’s easy to add something a little healthy to your Super Bowl spread, especially when you have plenty of yummy items to dip them in (and 32% of people say they will have dip at their party)!
- Make a bet! You may not be ready to bet away a lot of money, but setting up a betting game with everyone at your Super Bowl party will make the game more exciting and give you someone to root for if you’re favorite team didn’t make it all the way this year . Here’s a link with instructions to setting up one of our favorite betting games: http://www.ehow.com/how_13677_set-super-bowl.html
- Don’t feel like cooking for your guests? 48 million Americans feel the same and will order takeout or delivery food for the game, so don’t feel bad if you don’t bust out the pots and pans this year.
- Hit the gym the morning of. Not only will it help you de-stress before your big party, you’ll also feel better about all of the snacks and calories that are to come. The average fan will consume 1200 calories and 50 grams of fat just from snacks alone (yes, just snacks… that’s not including meals and drinks). The Super Bowl is the second highest day of food consumption in the US. Can you guess what the first is? (Thanksgiving!)
- Ask your guests for help. You’ve already offered up your house to host the party, so don’t feel bad asking your guests to bring a dip, a bag of chips, a case of beer, or some paper goods to help you out. They won’t mind at all and maybe you’ll even end up with something amazing like THIS.
Bottom line, if you have good friends, good food, and a big TV all in your comfy Columbus home or apartment, your Super Bowl party is sure to be a success! And, if you get stressed, just think about how all of those football players feel with millions of people watching them.